Does my business require a grease interceptor?
Generally, businesses that handle or cook food require a grease interceptor to prevent grease from entering the sewer system and eventually creating blockages. The type of system required can vary depending on the amount of grease created. Should you wish to establish a business that will prepare foods, we would strongly encourage you to contact the Water Division within the Public Works Department to see if your business will be required to install a grease interceptor at 562-383-4170.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do before I begin my business?
2. Will I require any special permits to operate my business?
3. What type of business requires a Conditional Use Permit?
4. Does my business require a grease interceptor?
5. Who needs a Business License?
6. Do I need City approval to make changes to the building or property?
7. What type of permanent signs can I use?
8. What type of temporary signs can I use?
9. Can I place signs on public property?
10. Can I have outdoor sales or an outdoor event?