Can I conduct a business from my home?
Home Occupations are permitted in residential zones within the City upon approval of a Home Occupation Permit. Generally, a home occupation is a small business conducted from a residence that does not impact any adjacent properties. It can consist of up to two members of an immediate family, however, cannot generate noise or odors, vehicle or pedestrian traffic, or deliveries that are not consistent with a residential property. No exterior signage will be permitted to identify the location as a business and a garage must be maintained open so that cars can be parked inside. Should you wish to establish a home occupancy business and have questions, please contact us at 562-383-4134.

Show All Answers

1. What type of signage and how may signs may I have for my business?
2. What are the most common code violations experienced by start-up businesses and how do I avoid them?
3. What types of temporary signs are permitted?
4. Can I conduct a business from my home?