2-2:30pm Audience members will be invited to dance with colorfully masked dancers in the dance of “Los Chinelos”. Performed by Chinelos de Morelos.
2:30-3pm Watch dancers and learn a few steps of the traditional folklorico dance el Jarabe Tapatio. Performed by Relámpago del Cielo Grupo Folklórico
In partnership with the Mexican Consulate, Santa Ana.
Lindo Mexico exhibit thru December 31, 2018
The Children’s Museum at La Habra celebrates our 40th anniversary with an exhibit featuring our neighbors to the south with “Lindo Mexico”! This cultural exhibit focuses on children, family, fun and fiesta.
- Enter into our piñata decorated pueblo, put on a sombrero and play our Mexican style carnival games, including ‘Loteria’ and ‘Sombrero Toss’ to celebrate Dia del Nino.
- Play the guiro and the maracas to music from Sonora. Oaxaca and Jalisco.
- Walk through the archway into Dia de los Muertos and dress up like La Muerte. See our Museum’s wonderful collection of Dia de los Muertos art as you stroll through the graveyard and make an offering of Pan de Muerto or flores de papel at the ofrenda, and then color in a Calavera of your own design.
- Enter through another archway into Fiesta Then and Now, where you can shop for tortillas, pan dulce and pollo in our modern Mercado, and then take them to Abuelita’s kitchen where you can break out the big olla to cook.
- Step back in time to an Aztec open air market where you can buy fish, mangos and iguanas, and then grind corn on a metate on the porch of your Aztec house. Admire the full dress Aztec dancing costume.
- Enter into Vamos a Bailar, where you can dress up in Folklorico costumes and learn dance steps from an instructor.