The AARP Tax-Aide Program will be assisting low and moderate income taxpayers prepare and file their Federal and State income tax returns Friday, February 2nd through Friday April 13th, 8:30 am-1:30 pm, with special attention to those aged 60 years and older. Trained and certified volunteers will offer this service at the La Habra Community Center, 101 W. La Habra Blvd., 101 W. La Habra Blvd. Appoinments are NOT necessary; the service is done on a "first come, first served" basis. While the emphasis is on seniors, other age groups will be accommodated. Returns will be filed electronically.
- Please bring the following information that applies to you when you come to your appointment:
- Social Security cards/official identification for yourself & dependents
- A copy of your 2016 income tax returns
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance marketplace Statement, if you enrolled for Premium Tax Credit
- Unemployment Compensation Statements
- SSA-1099 form for Social Security benefits received
- 1099-R forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-G, 1099-MISC, etc.) showing interest, dividends, capital gains, other income. Some of these forms can be corrected later, so we recommend having your taxes done after February.
- All forms showing federal and stae income taxes you paid for 2017
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number)
- All receipts/cancelled checks if itemizing deduction, .e.g. taxes, interest, medical, charity.
If you have any questions, you may contact the La Habra Community Center at 562-383-4200. Please note that Community Center staff does not have knowledge of tax issues, but can provide information about the service's schedule only.
For a copy of the Income Tax Assistance flyer, please click here.