The City of La Habra Community Services Department is seeking members for its 2017-2018 Youth Committee, an advisory body that encourages the City’s youth to be active, contributing members of the community through participating in events and activities that will develop a passion to serve. Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Is a resident of La Habra
- Is enrolled as a full time student in grades 7-12 at a local public, private of home school
- Has opinions and ideas about how to improve the quality of life for youth in La Habra
- Is interested in developing his/her leadership and personal skills
- Is able to attend meetings two Tuesdays of each month
- Actively participates at events
- Is dedicated to bettering the City through community service.
Members develop a better understanding of the community and local government process; serve as youth leaders and role models for the community at events; plan, promote and participate in community service, educational and recreational activities for and with La Habra’s youth; grow lifelong leadership and personal skills; and identify projects and follow them through to completion, as well as fulfilling volunteer requirements for school and college applications.
If you are interested in serving on the Youth Committee, please complete an application and return it the La Habra Community Center by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 8th. For more information, please contact Melissa Rivera at 562-383-4209. To download a copy of the Youth Committee Application, please click here.