Teen Leaders Program
The La Habra Teen Leaders Program is designed to provide a leadership and mentored training program for La Habra teens interested in receiving instruction and hands-on training in recreation services. In addition to accruing community service hours needed for school, participants also acquire the skills to apply for future employment opportunities in the City of La Habra.
- Applicants must be 13-17 years of age by June 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be available to volunteer during all their assigned program hours, with the exception of any pre-approved vacation hours.
- Hours of availability will be a major factor in selecting Teen Leaders.
- Applicants must complete the Teen Leader application and return it to the La Habra Community Center, Attn: Teen Leaders Program, 101 W. La Habra Blvd., by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2023 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Teacher recommendations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on May 11, 2023.
- All applicants will be invited to a group interview on May 12, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
- All applicants will be contacted the week of May 15, 2023 with their acceptance notification, assignment details, and training information.
Team Leader Responsibilities
- Teen leaders will be assigned a supervisor.
- Teen leaders will receive assignments based on their availability and their areas of interest; however, all Teen Leaders must be flexible and willing to assist where needed.
- Teen Leaders must communicate the details of their assignments, programs, responsibilities and expectations to their parents/guardians.
- Teen leaders must wear their "Teen Leader" shirt at all times.
- Teen Leaders are expected to uphold their contract (see "Teen Leader Contract").
Important Dates for Applying in 2023
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 - Applications due to the Community Center by 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 12, 2023 - Mandatory Group Interview, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 18, 2023 - Mandatory Teen Leader Training, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 - Mandatory Day Camp Teen Leader Training, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Download the Teen Leader packet with application forms (PDF). For more information please contact Martha Montoya or Melissa Rivera at 562-383-4200.