Phantom Projects Theatre Group
For the last 24 years, Phantom Projects Theatre Group has performed for nearly a million audience members throughout the U.S., between a combination of touring shows that traveled to schools, youth groups, and theaters, and its full season of shows at its home base for the last 20 years, La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts.
Phantom recently signed a five-year agreement with the City that makes the La Habra Depot Theatre its new home. Over the last six months, the troupe has been giving the 132-seat venue a facelift with new carpeting in the seating area; now flooring in the lobby, offices and dressing rooms; and fresh coats of paint, ensuring the theater will be ready for opening night in 2022.
Each year, the venue will host a mainstage series of plays and musicals, a family-friendly series, discounted field trip performances, and special events such as concerts, comedy open-mic nights, Karaoke, improv, and more. In addition, each season will feature ASL, sensory friendly, bilingual, and pay-what-you-can performances. A Capital Campaign is underway to raise funds to continue the overhaul of the venue from a technical standpoint.
The 2022 eight-show season will feature:
- Charlotte's Web (Feb. 11th-27th)
- The Orange County premiere of My Name is Mommy (March 4th-6th)
- Mariachi Girl (April 1st-16th)
- You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (May 13th-29th)
- 35MM (Sept. 9th-25th)
- Amy and the Orphans (Oct. 7th-16th)
- 26 Pebbles (Nov. 4th-13th)
- California Premiere of Christmas Bingo: It's a HO,HO, Holy Night (Dec. 9th-11th)