Volunteer & Internships
Become an MVP!
The Children's Museum is looking for fun-loving and dedicated people who want to share their time and talents by joining our team of amazing volunteers. Along with having fun and giving back to the community, you will be helping us maintain the health and safety of our visitors, as well as building valuable skills that will help you in college and beyond.
The museum is now re-open and we are re-instating our MVP (Museum Volunteer Program). The next volunteer orientation is scheduled for June 24, 6:30pm. A Zoom link will be sent out after registration. You must also be available for an in-person training on and Saturday, June 26 from 9:30am-10:30am OR Thursday, July 1 from 6:30pm - 7:30 pm
Perks of the MVP (Museum Volunteer Program)
- Community service hours
- Resume experience for future jobs
- Make friends and learn new skills
- Invitations to special events and workshops
- Gift shop and Museum membership discount
- Preview to new exhibits
- Future letter of recommendation
- Friendly, enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible
- Age 14 or older (under 14 requires parent / guardian supervision)
- Able to follow museum policies and procedures
- Able to commit to 5 hours/month (2 museum shifts)
- Able to attend in-person training
How do I get started?
- Complete a Volunteer Application Volunteer Application (PDF). The application is also available at the museum front desk.
- Submit completed application on the day of the orientation
- Any other questions? Contact our volunteer coordinator, Kristine Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 383-4239. Thank you!
To RSVP, please email volunteer coordinator Kristine Smith at email@example.com or call us at (562) 383-4239. Thank you!
Internships at the Children's Museum at La Habra are geared towards college students and recent graduates who are interested in playing a direct role in inspiring today's. Our internships are typically offered in the fall, spring, and summer and we accept applications year-round. All applicants should be organized, self-motivated, and have excellent people skills. All internship positions are on a voluntary basis only. Interns will assist with general operation duties as well as duties within a specific area of interest.
We accept interns for the following departments: Exhibits technician, Early Childhood Education, Development/Fundraising, and Marketing/Public Programs.
- Be a current college student or recent graduate in a field related to one of the departments above.
- Submit a volunteer application, resume, or cover letter.
- Interview with museum staff
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks, 8 to 16 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- 1 day of formal training, plus additional departmental on-the-job training
- Have reliable transportation
- Pass a background check and health test (paid for by the museum)
- Exhibits Technician Internship
- Early Childhood Education Internship