La Habra Shuttle
Who May Ride
Seniors 60 years and older, and persons with disabilities, who are residents of the City of La Habra are eligible. If needed, you may provide your own escort to assist you in getting to and from the vehicle. Escorts ride free of charge and must be 18 years or older.
Where Can I Ride
You can ride throughout the City of La Habra, including service to St. Jude Medical Center and Whittier Hospital Medical Center and the adjacent doctors' offices.
When Can I Ride
The La Habra Shuttle operates every Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Service is not available on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day.
Application forms may be downloaded here or obtained from the La Habra Community Services Department. They must be dropped off, mailed in, or faxed to 562-383-4482 to the Community Center. Additionally, a doctor's verification is required for those qualifying under a disability. Doctor's Verification forms may be downloaded here or obtained from the Community Services Department at the address listed above. The Community Services Department will provide a free ride to and from the Community Center to any first-time participant wishing to apply. For questions on registration or eligibility, please call 562-383-4200. Download an application form (PDF). Download a doctor's verification form (PDF).
The buses are wheelchair accessible. Please specify if you use a wheelchair when you make your reservation so that the driver can position the vehicle for easy access. For safety reasons, scooter users are encouraged to transfer to a regular seat on the vehicle.
Yes. Rides are $0.50 per 1-way trip for all passengers, excluding escorts.
Reserving a Trip
Reservations should be made 2 weeks in advance. However, your request may take more than 2 weeks to fulfill, due to the number of riders participating in this program. To schedule a ride, call toll free 866-557-7433, and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone number at the pick-up location
- Day and date of the ride to be scheduled
- Street address of the pick-up location
- Street address of the destination location
- Wheelchair or service animal use
- Medical appointment time and doctor's address if riding to a medical appointment
- Number of passengers riding, and whether or not an escort is traveling with you.
Other Useful Information
- To keep fares low, vehicles are shared with other passengers. We make every effort to deliver customers to their destinations on time. We may make stops along the way.
- When requesting a ride, allow adequate time to reach your destination. Ride requests are assigned in the order received.
- Be prompt and visible at your pick-up location. Be ready to board when the vehicle arrives.
- Return trip reservations may be made at the time of the initial reservation.
- Call toll free 866-557-7433 to cancel a reservation as soon as possible. An early cancellation allows us to reassign the time slot to someone else.
- Please keep carry-on items manageable in size and number. Drivers are not allowed to carry packages to your door.
- Wear your seat belt at all times.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is permitted. No animals are allowed except for service animals.
- Please do not tip the driver. You are welcome to call 562-383-4200 to provide feedback on the driver's courtesy or to express a complaint.
- View a Brochure for the Shuttle (PDF).