Volunteer & Internships
Become a Museum Volunteer
The Children's Museum is looking for fun-loving and dedicated volunteers who want to share their time and talents by joining our growing team of amazing high energy volunteers! Along with having fun and giving back to the community, there are many other perks to volunteering at The Children's Museum at La Habra.
Volunteer orientations are scheduled every 4 months from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. In addition, you must attend one volunteer training. Check this space for the next date for fall 2019 volunteers.
Please RSVP if you plan to attend by emailing us or calling the museum at (562) 383-4239. Thank you!
Internships at the Children's Museum at La Habra are geared towards college students and recent graduates who are interested in playing a direct role in inspiring today's youth to learn in a hands-on environment. Our internships are typically offered in the fall, spring, and summer and we accept applications year round. All applicants should be organized, self-motivated, and have excellent people skills. All internship positions are on a voluntary basis only. Interns will assist with general operation duties as well as duties within a specific area of interest.
- Be a college student or recent graduate
- Submit a volunteer application, resume, or cover letter.
- Interview with Museum Staff
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks, 8 to 16 hours per week depending on the position
- 1 day of formal training, plus additional departmental on-the-job training
- Have reliable transportation
- Preferred days of internships are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, but schedule is flexible.
- Intern Position (PDF)
- Early Childhood Education Internship (PDF)
- Friendly, enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible
- Age 14 or older (under 14 requires parent / guardian supervision)
- Able to follow museum policies and procedures
- Able to commit to specified hours based on project/position
- Able to attend formal training
How do I get started?
- Complete a Volunteer Application (PDF). The application is also available at the Museum Desk
- Submit completed application on the day of the Orientation
- Meet and Greet Interview with Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator